Designed For Our Homeowner Partners
The primary purpose of the HECC is to provide an appropriate place to conduct the 16 homeowner education classes Habitat for Humanity partner families are required to take. Classes are on a variety of topics meant to provide our partner families with the skills needed to become successful homeowners and are on subjects such as basic home maintenance, legal issues of homeownership and9 weeks of Financial Peace University.The HECC has not only provided a space for those classes that is conducive to learning, but also allowed us to expand these classes and offer them to the community at large.
Open To Our Community
A secondary purpose of the HECC is to serve the local community by allowing public and private use of the facility for workshops and affordable meeting space.The Habitat for Humanity ReStore has offered DIY workshops on topics such as winterizing your home, topical gardening issues and home decoration ideas such as primitive furniture making and mosaic tiling.Local groups are also encouraged to utilize the space for their meetings, presentations and workshops.All funds acquired through use of the room are then used by Habitat for Humanity of Kanawha and Putnam to help build safer, affordable Habitat for Humanity homes in our community.
- Accommodates 200 people presentation style or 104 at round tables with a maximum capacity of 225
- 13 round 6’ tables each seating up to 8
- 4 rectangular 6’ tables
- 200 chairs
- Projection screen and ceiling mounted projector with connected laptop and built in speakers
- Podium with optional amplification
- Kitchenette (sink, refrigerator, coffee maker) and commercial wash basins
- Wireless internet
- Free parking for 80 cars
- Local original art which changes quarterly
- Storage closets for groups with recurring events
Rules & Regulations
- Groups must leave room in same condition and layout they found it, remove trash and sweep.
- Liquor, firearms, drugs, animals, fireworks and open flames are not allowed.
- Organizations planning to serve beer or wine must provide proof of event insurance. Individuals renting the room are not permitted to serve alcohol.
- The event and clean-up must be complete by 9:00 pm.
- A credit card security deposit may be required.Security deposits will be refunded the next business day if no damage or extra cleaning is required.
- Habitat for Humanity of Kanawha and Putnam is not responsible for loss or damage of any personal articles or equipment left in the room prior to, during or after any rental.
Hourly Rate:$25* Non-Profit Rate: $20/hour*
*All additional fees apply.
- Events serving food:
$30 for events with up to 50 attendees
$65 for events with 50 or more attendees
- Events outside of normal business hours of 9-5, Monday – Friday:
$5/hour weekdays (Monday – Thursday)
$15/hour weekend (Friday – Saturday)
Sunday rentals are permitted from April – October
- Set-up fee: $75
The room is set to accommodate groups of 56 people at round tables, more chairs and tables are available upon request. You are responsible for setting the tables and chairs to your specifications and returning them to the way you found them. If you prefer, ReStore staff will set-up the room to suit your needs for an additional $75.
Payment and the signed contract are due within 2 weeks of making the reservation.
Payment can be made in the following ways:
- In Person: cash, check or credit card can be given with appointment to HECC Coordinator.
- Mail: Checks can be mailed to Habitat for Humanity, 815 Court St, Charleston, WV 25301. Attn: HECC.
Payment cannot be taken over the phone or online. Cancellations must be made one week before event or payment will be forfeited.
Location & Parking
The Homeowner Education and Community Center is located at 815 Court St, Charleston, WV 25301.
The parking lot is located across from the Court St. entrance. Please avoid using ReStore parking lots during normal ReStore business hours of 9 am to 6 pm Monday – Saturday.
Reserve The Facility
To inquire about reserving the room, please email Janie Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 304.720.0141 x 18.