How to Make a Mosaic Tile Stepping Stone
1. Find the perfect mold. Aluminum pie plates or Jello molds commonly available at a dollar store work well.
2. Trace the opening of the mold on paper.
3. Layout your tile design on the paper within the boundaries of the traced mold.
4. Mix grout or mortar by following the instructions on the bag.
5. Spray the mold with Pam cooking spray if you would like to retain the mold for future use.
6. Pour 2’” – 3” of grout or mortar into the mold.
7. Tap the bubbles out by hitting the sides of the mold with a hard blunt object.
8. Allow the filling to set until it becomes a bit more solid (consistency similar to mashed potatoes).
9. Press tiles into the filling making sure they are level with the surface.
10. Gently remove any haze from the top of the tiles by wiping them with a sponge and water.
11. Allow the stepping stone to dry in the mold for two days.
12. Flip the mold over and pop out.