Every day dozens of individuals donate their old furniture and surplus building materials to the ReStore. Some do it to de-clutter. Others do it for the tax-deduction. Most donate to support the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
But every once in a while, we meet a really clever donor that thinks outside the box and finds ways to amplify their support by encouraging donations from other aspects of their life, not just their home.
Outside the Box Donations
- Do you work in an office? Businesses often replace office furniture and filing systems. At the ReStore, we love donations of old file cabinets, desks, white boards, shelving systems, desk organizers, office supplies, notebooks and chairs.
- Are you helping a family member down-size? We are always thankful for donations of books, tools, decorations, leftover latex paint and other home items.
- Do you work in retail? Let us help make more space in your stockroom! We will gladly pickup old store fixtures, mannequins and discontinued inventory.
- Do you have a loved one in an assisted living facility? We often receive donations of surplus walkers and scooters.
- Do you work in a medical office? We are always very grateful when medical offices donate examination tables, chairs, lamps and office furnishings.
- Are you an active member of your church congregation? Perhaps your church recently replaced a few things and needs to get rid of old pews, furniture, lecterns, holiday decorations, food service equipment and dishes. Where better to donate them than to Habitat for Humanity?
- Are you involved in your kid’s sports team, or perhaps you know an active exercise enthusiast that always has to have the latest trends in equipment? Donating old bikes, sporting equipment and exercise machines to the ReStore is always a win!
- The ReStore wouldn’t be nearly as fun to shop without donations for our local artisans and crafters. We often receive craft supplies, old paintings, pottery equipment, and bolts of fabric.
- Do you work in a manufacturing plant? Some of our most loyal donors regularly provide us with by-products of their work. Good reuse materials that can be resold. This is why we always have a great supply of packing peanuts (accumulated by manufacturers that receive large and regular shipments).
Donating to the ReStore is easy and rewarding!
Call 304-720-8733 to schedule a donation pickup in Kanawha and Putnam Counties.
Donations can also be dropped off: Charleston ReStore Monday – Saturday from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM and Teays Valley ReStore Tuesday -Saturday from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Habitat for Humanity of Kanawha & Putnam is a 501(c)3 and all donations to the ReStore are tax-deductible. Proceeds from the ReStore fund the construction of homes in our area.